Any person working in an environment where there is exposure to radio frequency radiation, such as telecommunication sites.
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s license not accepted).
- Copy of valid medical certificate.
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and be able to understand, read and write English (special needs candidates can be accommodated on request).
R 575.00 (Incl. VAT)
*Please communicate preferred group sizes to your relevant bookings personnel as some clients may require smaller groups. Please be aware that smaller group sizes may affect your course price.
Days: 1/2 (half day)
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
- Health risks of RF radiation.
- Have an understanding about on-site RF procedures.
- Identification RF zones.
- Understanding safety zones.
- Knowledge of power down procedures.
- Understanding RF signage.
- First aid treatment of RF injuries.
- Reporting of RF incidents.
- Interpret RF signage.
- Identify RF safety zones.
- Selecting safe work areas.
- Implementing time averaging.
- Working safely in an RF area.
- Communicating RF dangers to a team.
- The Technician has been assessed and found competent in all criteria set out above and can perform their required duties on site where RF frequencies are emitted.
- All training is done in accordance with local and international best practices as well as local acts and regulations.
- All Technicians must work under competent supervision as per site/task requirement, and must adhere to all RF signage and work site best practices.
- Neither Gravity Training nor the IWH can be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the work site.