Store-men, Equipment Controllers, Work at Height Technicians and Site Supervisors.
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s license not accepted).
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and be able to understand, read and write English (special needs candidates can be accommodated on request).
- Copy of a valid NQF & IWH Fall Arrest & Basic Rescue US229998 & US229995 certificate.
R 1 273.00 (Incl. VAT)
*Please communicate preferred group sizes to your relevant bookings personnel as some clients may require smaller groups. Please be aware that smaller group sizes may affect your course price.
Climbing Equipment Inspector – Inspect and manage work at height equipment as per ISO 22846-1 & 2 standards and worldwide best practices.
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Designation: Climbing Equipment Inspector.
- Introduction to work at height equipment inspections.
- Work at height definitions.
- Legislation regarding work at height equipment inspections.
- Perform comprehensive 3-monthly inspection.
- Identify limitations of work at height equipment.
- Implement inspection procedures and maintain work at height equipment.
- Identify equipment inspection hardware & software.
- Implement equipment control procedures.
- Correct storing and handling of work at height equipment.
- Correct care and inspection of work at height equipment.
- Correct function testing of work at height equipment.
- Correct inspections of hardware equipment.
- Correct inspections of software equipment.
- Equipment control procedures (includes inspection sheets and detailed descriptions of various Personal Protective Equipment used at height).
- Implement correct purchasing procedures for work at height equipment.
- All training is done aligned with International best practices. Candidates have also been trained in alignment to the South African Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 1.
- Any Climbing Equipment Inspector must be appointed in writing and is responsible for the implementation, amendments and maintenance of a Fall Protection Plan as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulation 10.2 (d).
- All work at height equipment must be inspected in accordance to ISO22846-1 & 2. Frequency of inspections shall be no more than 6 months.
- Gravity Training cannot be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the work site.