This course will enable anyone involved in managing people for work at height to implement a company’s Fall Protection Plan with the correct risk mitigation procedures.
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s license are not accepted).
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and be able to understand, read and write English (special needs candidates can be accommodated on request).
- Copy of a valid NQF & IWH Fall Arrest & Basic Rescue US 229998 & US 229995 certificate.
- *Recommended: HIRA certificate.
R 1 043. 48 (Excl. VAT)
*Light lunch will be included at Gravity Training premises.
Days: 1 (for 5 candidates)
Days: 2 (for 10 candidates)
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Designation: Fall Protection Plan Implementer.
- The requirements to perform work at height.
- The planning process to prepare for work at height.
- The method of access to be used when working at height.
- Interpret Construction Regulation 10:
4.1 Design a risk assessment for work done in a fall risk position.
4.2 Implement a process for the evaluation of employee’s medical fitness necessary to work in a fall risk position.
4.3 Implement a program for the evaluation of employee’s training requirements necessary to work in a fall risk position.
4.4 Implement a procedure for addressing the inspection, testing and maintenance of fall protection equipment.
4.5 Implement a rescue plan detailing the necessary procedure for an effective rescue of a person in a fall incident.
- Knowledge of the importance of the distribution of a Fall Protection Plan.
- Communication of a Fall Protection Plan.
- The procedures for the inspection, storage and care of equipment.
- The need to ensure correct record keeping.
- Implement fall risk control measures.
- The required documents to implement a Fall Protection Plan.
- Work at height equipment and limitations.
- The content of fall protection plans, based on legislation governing work at height.
- Be able to identify and solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
- Be able to work effectively with others.
- The Fall Protection Plan is to comply with the a Act 85 of 1993, Construction Regulations 10, specifically 10(1)(b) and 10(1)(c) of 2014 involving work from a fall risk position and our service level agreement.
- The Fall Protection Plan Implementer has been assessed and found competent in all criteria set out above.
- Gravity Training can not be held responsible for any unsafe and/or unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the work site.