Site supervisors, safety officers, legally appointed Construction Regulations Section 10.1 (a) persons. This course will enable anyone who is involved in managing people for work at height to develop (write) and implement a fall protection plan.
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s license not accepted).
- Copy of valid medical certificate.
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and should be proficient in English reading and writing, up to the level of Grade 10.
- Copy of valid NQF & IWH Basic Fall Arrest US 229998 certificate.
- *Recommended: Copy of valid NQF Fall Arrest & Basic Rescue US 229998 & US 229995 certificate.
- Certificates must be issue by an IWH professional body approved certificate or statement of results.
R 3 700.00 (Incl. VAT)
*Light lunch will be included at Gravity Training premises.
*Please communicate preferred group sizes to your relevant bookings personnel as some clients may require smaller groups. Please be aware that smaller group sizes may affect your course price.
US 229994 – Assess work sites for work at height and prepare a fall protection plan.
NQF Level 4
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Designation: Fall Protection Planner.
- Introduction to work at height.
- Work at height definitions.
- Legislation regarding work at height.
- Perform a baseline risk assessment.
- Perform pre-task risk assessments.
- Interpret Construction Regulation 10:
6.1 Design a risk assessment for work performed in a fall risk position.
6.2 Develop a process for the evaluation of employee’s medical fitness necessary to work in a fall risk position.
6.3 Develop a program for the evaluating an employee’s training requirements necessary to work in a fall risk position.
6.4 Develop a procedure for addressing the inspection, testing and maintenance of fall protection equipment.
6.5 Develop a rescue plan detailing the necessary procedure for an effective rescue of a person in a fall incident.
- Basic knowledge of reporting a fall risk incident.
- Manage the safety of personnel from a fall risk position.
- Develop and complete a site information form.
- Implement a monitoring and review plan.
- Maintain and distribute a Fall Protection Plan and appropriate record keeping.
- Consideration of factors for the evaluation of people suitable to perform work at height tasks.
- Communicate the importance of the “buddy system”.
- Work at height equipment and limitations.
- Fall Factors and shock loading pertaining to work at height.
- The content of fall protection plans, based on legislation governing work at height.
- Knowledge of the mechanism for suspension trauma/syncope.
- Be able to identify and solve problems through critical and creative thinking.
- Be able to work effectively with others.
- All training is conducted in accordance with local and international best practices as well as local acts and regulations. After successful completion of this course he/she will be found competent as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 1.
- All Fall Arrest Operators must work under competent supervision as per site/task requirement, ensuring a fall arrest rescue can be performed at any time as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Construction Regulations 10.2 (e).
- All Fall Protection Planners must be appointed in writing and are responsible for the implementation, amendments and maintenance of a Fall Protection Plan as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulation 10.
- Gravity Training cannot be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the work site.