Any person working on an elevated position, using fixed structures to gain access at height, and where a rescue can be performed efficiently by other rescue-trained personnel, for example, telecommunications, utilities (Eskom power lines), construction work and mining.
- Copy of I.D. document/passport.
- Copy of valid medical certificate.
Price available on request.
*Please communicate preferred group sizes to your relevant bookings personnel as some clients may require smaller groups. Please be aware that smaller group sizes may affect your course price.
Aligned to US229998 – Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height.
Fallprotec Securope User.
Aligned to US229995 – Install, use and perform basic rescues from fall arrest and implement the fall protection plan.
Radio Frequency Awareness.
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Designation: Fall Arrest Operator.
- Introduction to work at height.
- Work at height definitions.
- Legislation regarding work at height.
- Understanding on-site risk assessments.
- Appropriate equipment care and pre-use climbing inspection methods.
- Identification and use of climbing equipment.
- Limitations of climbing equipment.
- Limitations of safe anchoring points.
- Understanding the advantages of a “buddy system”.
- Basic knowledge of elevated work platforms.
- Basic knowledge of vertical and horizontal lifelines.
- Knowledge of Fallprotec Securope Lifelines.
- Understanding minimum free space areas.
- Understanding fall factors.
- Understanding the use of various fall arrest knots.
- Implement a rescue plan.
- Understanding suspension trauma.
- Understanding the “buddy rescue”.
- Understanding the risks involved with RF radiation.
- RF exclusion zones and signs.
- Safe work procedures in RF zones.
- First aid and incident reporting regarding RF related injuries.
- Assemble a basic fall arrest kit.
- Perform pre-use climbing equipment inspections.
- Rope coiling/bagging.
- Selecting safe anchoring points.
- Making and using various fall arrest knots.
- Implement the “buddy system”.
- Using a work restraint system.
- Exclusion zones/barricading.
- Securing a work positioning system.
- Movement using a shock absorbing lanyard.
- Movement using a retractable lanyard.
- Working on fragile rooftop surfaces.
- Install and use temporary vertical and horizontal lifelines.
- Use Fallprotec Securope lifelines.
- Managing minimum free space.
- Managing fall factors.
- Managing suspension trauma.
- Perform a basic fall arrest rescue and bring a casualty down to safety – “buddy rescue”.
- Lifting a 20 kg tool bag using a 1:1 lifting system.
- Applying safe work procedures in RF zones.
- All training is conducted aligned with local and international best practices. After successful completion of this course, he/she will be found trained aligned to South African Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations.
- All Fall Arrest Operators must work under competent supervision as per site/task requirement, ensuring a fall arrest rescue can be performed at any time.
- Gravity Training cannot be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the worksite.