Technicians working from a fall risk position by means of a portable or fixed structure.
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s license not accepted).
- Copy of valid medical certificate.
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and be able to understand, read and write English (special needs candidates can be accommodated on request).
R 1 415.00 (Incl. VAT)
*Light lunch will be included at Gravity Training premises.
*Please communicate preferred group sizes to your relevant bookings personnel as some clients may require smaller groups. Please be aware that smaller group sizes may affect your course price.
US229998 – Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height.
NQF Level 1
Fallprotec Securope User.
Certificate is valid for 3 years.
Designation: Fall Arrest Operator.
- Introduction to work at height.
- Work at height definitions.
- Legislation regarding work at height.
- Understanding on-site risk assessments.
- Appropriate equipment care and pre-use climbing inspection methods.
- Identification and use of climbing equipment.
- Limitations of climbing equipment.
- Limitations of safe anchoring points.
- The advantages of a buddy system.
- Basic knowledge of vertical and horizontal lifelines.
- Knowledge of Fallprotec Securope lifelines.
- Minimum free space areas.
- Fall factors.
- The use of various fall arrest knots.
- Suspension trauma.
- The buddy rescue.
- Assemble a basic fall arrest kit.
- Perform pre-use climbing equipment inspections.
- Rope coiling/bagging.
- Selecting safe anchoring points.
- Implement the buddy system.
- Using a work restraint system.
- Securing a work positioning system.
- Movement using a shock absorbing lanyard.
- Movement using a retractable lanyard.
- Working on fragile rooftop surfaces.
- Using temporary vertical and horizontal lifelines.
- Use Fallprotec Securope lifelines.
- Managing minimum free space.
- Managing fall factors.
- Managing suspension trauma.
- All training is conducted in accordance with local and international best practices as well as local acts and regulations. After successful completion of this course, candidates will be found competent as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 1.
- All Fall Arrest Operators must work under competent supervision as per site/task requirement, ensuring a fall arrest rescue can be performed at any time as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 10.2 (e).
- Gravity Training cannot be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behaviour as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the worksite.